Short Stories for Teaching Symbolism
Use these short stories to teach symbolism and a bunch of other literary elements.
- "Contents of the Dead Man's Pocket" by Jack Finney
- "The Scarlet Ibis" by James Hurst
- "A White Heron" by Sarah Orne Jewett
- "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
- "Through the Tunnel" by Doris Lessing
Each unit contains lesson plans, graphic organizer handouts with answer keys, essay rubrics, a summary and analysis of the story, discussion ideas, a quiz, and oh so much more.
We Also Recommend