Science Fiction Short Story Lesson Plans
During my first few years teaching, I wanted to quit--every day. The only people less enthusiastic about what I was teaching were my students.
So I decided to teach more high interest short stories, beginning with science fiction. Although the science fiction short stories in this unit aren't the exact ones I taught that year, those on this list will get you through a good 5-7 weeks without wanting to staple your hand to your face.
The science fiction short stories bundle contains complete short story units for the following:
- "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury
- "The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury
- "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Ray Bradbury
- "The Fun They Had" by Isaac Asimov
- "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut
- "Rappacini's Daughter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Each unit contains lesson plans, graphic organizer handouts with answer keys, essay rubrics, a summary and analysis of the story, discussion ideas, a quiz, and more.
We Also Recommend