Great American Short Stories Lesson Plans
I'll admit that I'm totally biased when I say this but the best short stories come from American authors. USA! USA! USA! USA!
Use these short stories to teach numerous literature objectives.
- "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce
- "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury
- "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut
- "The Minister's Black Veil" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
- "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allan Poe
Each unit contains lesson plans, graphic organizer handouts with answer keys, essay rubrics, a summary and analysis of the story, discussion ideas, a quiz, and oh so much more.
We Also Recommend